A great friend of mine tells me that I think too much. I overthink EVERYTHING. Sometimes I sit down to write and it could take me over an hour just to figure out what to write because my mind is so busy, “thinking too much”. I’ve tried meditating, listening to music and all kinds of ways to quiet my mind. My mind is NEVER quiet. (Especially when I’m PMSing)
Today I was thinking about what to share with you and I realized that I’ve never shared one of my absolute most favorite recipes! I really don’t know what’s taken me so long to share. It’s my go to “PMS Dream Snack”. My two most favorite flavors together are chocolate and peanut butter. I can’t resist them together. So when my CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER craving hits I love to make, Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter Pudding!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! It’s so amazing and tastes so much better than any other chocolate pudding I’ve ever had. I grew up eating the (chemical laden/fake) JELLO Brand box powder pudding. I used to devour bowl after bowl of that pudding. I swear this pudding is THE BOMB!!!
This pudding is healthy and jam packed!
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats, folate, carotenoids, and are extremely heart healthy
- Cocoa provides antioxidants and magnesium.
- Peanut Butter adds protein and even more healthy fats
Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter Pudding
Ingredients: (all ingredients should be organic when possible)
For the Pudding:
- 1 avocado (Make sure the avocado you use is ripe and fresh without bruises. If it’s bruised the pudding will taste bitter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon fine Himalayan Sea Salt (or to taste)
For Serving: (Optional)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (the cream on the top of the can of coconut milk)
- Fresh Berries
- Finely chopped almonds or other nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Your favorite topping
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, almond milk, peanut butter, vanilla and salt (start with 1/4 teaspoon) into a food processor or a high speed blender.
- Process until super smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Taste and adjust salt and sweetener, if desired.
- Spoon into an airtight container, cover and chill for at least 1 to 2 hours, or just eat it right out of the food processor if you can’t wait!
- Portion into shallow bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
- Leftovers… What leftovers?????
- If there happen to be any leftovers (if there are, there is something wrong with you), leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 or 2 days. I think it totally tastes better fresh.
Please try this pudding and let me know that you love it just as much as I do!!!!