It’s inevitable that you’re going to fall off track. Even the healthiest people have those “off” days. It’s seriously normal and just being human. I know people that can have an “off” day and let it throw them off track for days, weeks and even years. Ummmmmmmm, yes that used to be ME. I admit it, I’m totally guilty. It all comes down to how you bounce back from having an “off” day. Do you beat yourself up and hate yourself for eating an extra slice of pizza? Do you feel like you have to work out EXTRA to burn all those calories you ate? Do you just give up and think to yourself that you will just be “good” tomorrow? Seriously, I’ve done it all. One thing to remember… one bad day isn’t going to ruin ANYTHING! What I find that works the best, is following the 90/10 rule. Eating clean 90% of the time and “not so clean” the other 10%. If you are really committed to your health and weight loss, following this simple rule is so easy. Working with my clients, I teach small and simple changes over time. Working on mastering each tiny tweak, little by little over a short period of time, creates new habits. Before you know it, you are eating healthy 90/10 and those “off” days become meaningless. That’s right, I said, Meaningless! You will no longer have an emotional attachment to having an “off” day. Seriously!
Meal prepping is a great way to stay on track. Taking some time to prep your meals for the week in advance saves so much time and most of all, answers that question, “What’s for lunch?” Seriously, the time taken once or twice a week to make your meals in advance for breakfast, lunch and dinner saves a lot of aggravation. It basically sets you up for success. If your food is already prepared for you, all you need to do is grab and go! Imagine how you would feel to come home after a long stressful day of work and not have to worry about finding something to make for dinner or picking up some crappy fast food? Imagine how it would feel to have your lunch ready in the fridge as you race out the door in the morning to work. Imagine having your whole week of food ready for you so you can spend less time in the kitchen and be able to focus on more of what matters most to you. It lessens any excuses you might have throughout the week for having an off day and helps to keep you on that 90/10 path. Like I always say, it all depends upon how committed you are to your health and/or your weight loss goals. Nothing will work for you if you don’t want it bad enough. I usually take a couple of hours on Sundays to prep my meals for the week and viola! Done!
Water! Water! Water! Do I really need to say anymore? Seriously, water is key and the most important beverage you can drink. I can go on about the importance of water or you can read a previous post of mine here: http://eileenjoy.com/blog/9-tips-drinking-water-essential/. Take your body weight, divide by 2 and that’s how many ounces of water your body needs DAILY. Typically, it’s about 4 sports bottles filled with water. If you work out, your body needs more to replenish from sweating. Many people have no idea that your body doesn’t tell you the difference between being hungry and thirsty. When you think your body is telling you its hungry, try drinking some water first and see how you feel. Most of the time, your body is actually craving, WATER! Interesting, huh?!
Let me know some of the things that you do to stay on track!